The AFAC exists to gather information and provide advice to the Abbotsford First Party Executive regarding priorities for the City of Abbotsford.
The Abbotsford First Advisory Council is responsible for advising the Abbotsford First Party Executive and Councillors on matters relating to the City of Abbotsford.
- AFAC is a volunteer body appointed by Abbotsford First executive.
- The Council must meet four times in a calendar year, and ad hoc committee meetings are held as required.
- The council gathers information on issues important to the citizens of Abbotsford.
- The suggestions and feedback gathered through the consultations are used to develop advice on legislation, policies, funding and coordination of the activities of the Abbotsford First Party.
- This body will contain no less than 10 individuals.
- It is critical to have members of this council who represent the community broadly.
At this time, AbbotsfordFIRST is inviting new members of the community to join our Advisory Council. If you would like more information on the Council, please contact us using the form below.